Sunday, October 22, 2006

Russian Dosa?
Since the whole country celebrates deepavali all the ladies in the family decided to make a little trip to Chennai for three days and so I stayed at home with three men and a dog.

First of all, I was late this morning but the boys waited patiently for their dosas with tea and coffee.

After one hour in the kitchen I proudly came into the room where my husband was sitting and presented him ... a plate of six golden brown dosas!

He sincerely said, "Oh, wow!!" and sweetly smiled at me. I felt good for that moment.

After all the happy and proud feelings calmed down I returned to the kitchen and quietly looked at the other plate ... with twelve other dosas funnily shaped, ripped and half-cooked.

I felt thankful that "dosa making" is not the defining point of womanhood. There is much more to it.

And I felt thankful for the men in the house who were gracious to me and to my "russian dosas".

And we are looking forward to mom's return from the trip.

Happy holidays!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, babe. But 'female part of the family'? I think you meant to say all the women in the family na lol :D. Love you.

Unknown said...

Yes, kat, that is what I meant. Thank you. :-)

Citrus said...

I think no one ever told you that these things, not wrong, just inconsistent with what we are accustomed to.
These things make your writing so nice to read.