Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hopeful for a friend.


It is proven I am not a party type – I get giddy from the loud music, shimmering lights and many faces. Moreover, I am not a crowd type either, even if it is in a slow motion. I love different faces, the expressions, even the opinions and worldview, but rather in a different setting – in a movie or a book, in a story well told, in a picture, in ethnography.
My personal preference has always been one individual at a time – and usually I am a sticky type – like I don’t like to change my dresses too often, I prefer to eat at the same restaurant and order the same meal, so I also like to stick to people: to get to know her, to spend time sitting on a beach or in a park on a bench, to take a long bike ride along the water canal, to take a casual hiking to the waterfall and have homemade sandwiches. I like to take time to listen to the person’s music and try and hear what she likes to hear in the composition. So I am a sticky type. I like to stick through the years, through the misunderstandings and through the birthday celebrations, through the divorce and re-marriage, through the laughter along the way and through the years we have to stay apart, through the long distance and fewer phone calls, through the gossip and through the dew.
I still think friends can’t be many and a friend is a blessing from God.
Hopeful for a friend.

No comments: