Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Father's daughter



I saw her sitting there in the soft armchair, with her shoulders squinted. The setting sun was playing with her blond hair making it look golden.

When we were small we played with dolls together and ran on the streets, telling people that we were sisters. I felt very protective of her because she was younger to me. She was her father's baby girl when she was born but later as the years passed he was very possessive of her that he would not let her play with others.

Now its been over five years that she left her parents house and worked in a foreign country. She could earn the money and provide a decent life, she decided which man will stay in her life.

And today she sat and told me the story of her grown up adventures, her demanding job responsibilities and broken marriage.

With all the success and failure she had, I noticed her voice shake when she told me about her father, whose words still ring in my mind. He told her that she was his disappointment and that she never fulfilled his desires for her. He had his dream but he never shared them with his only daughter.
My heart ached for her because the Father's words cut the heart deep.


No comments: