Friday, March 24, 2006

My Special Nephew

Today is a day to celebrate your birth. God has been faithful to you, to keep you safe and blessing you with many good things.

I am far away again and will not see your lovely round face, and I will not see your shiny eyes today. But in my heart I pray a prayer for you, my special Andrewshka. I pray that you grow with God’s favor and that you know in your heart that you belong to God.

As you were born I used to take you to our fields and show you the vast riches of our land, you loved the mountains and you fell asleep with the wind whispering you lullaby songs, as it played with the grain and lilac bushes. And even as you grew up to your ninth year, I loved to see you loving God’s creation.

I appreciate your sensitive heart and I pray that as the years grow, your heart is watered with the rain of gentleness and grace, and may your presence on this earth bring peace and understanding into the situations and people’s lives.

Now you go to school, it is your second year. I liked to see how you were learning writing and reading. I know, sometimes it was too much, especially when your mother was impatient at the speed you read and mistakes, but it was my pride to see you trying. You had six “5” in your school bag one day! I am still puzzled how you could carry them home.

Special Andrewshka! Our special boy!

I wish I could scratch your back this morning as you were waking up.
This morning when you woke up, did you count the time and went out to see the gifts?

I heard you are all bruised as you learn to roller-skate! Sweet thing, keep leaning. Remember that there will be times in life when you will fall and scratch and bruise – but always remember to get up and keep on going. And as you get up from the fall – look at what made you stumble and next time you master it.

I am happy we have you and you are a part of our small family.

Happy birthday to you, my beloved knight, little brave heart!

No comments: