Sunday, February 19, 2006

Not So Strange to Me after All

Today I was walking through the center of our town.
The streets were jam-packed with people at lunchtime and I wanted to turn on a street that led through the park, in a hope to be away from the crowd.
There are some days when I want to be swept by the colorful wave of the multitude,
And I do not mind to exchange few glances and occasionally peep into one’s world even if it is just for a second.
But there are also other days, when I want to walk through the quietness of the street and to hear the crunch of the autumn leafs, to walk almost invisible to the hundred of eyes.

I still had to jump into the business of the town and as I walked, I saw a young lady, who in a warm sunny day wore her furry hood. First I thought it was strange, but then a thought came to me, that maybe it is her own way of being on her own from the crowd. Probably it was her own way of being different: her particular way of out standing or possibly desiring a bit of extra attention. We all have our needs. She did not seem so strange to me after all.

No comments: